The Sunny Side of it

Sunday 8 May 2016

My proposal story


My hubby (he who chooses not to be named) and I had been together nearly five years at the time of the proposal (Nov 30th 2015) and marriage is something we had both spoken about for a while. But I had no idea when a proposal was going to come my way, but boy did it come in the best way! Grab a cup of tea and let me tell you how this went down…




So last November I was offered a new job which I was really excited about. After work on my second to last Friday, I arrived home to a letter from my current employer. The letter explained how I was such an amazing employee that the team wanted to treat me to a day off on the Monday pampering myself at the Crazy Bear in Beaconsfield. OMG I was the most excited person in the world! I was thinking, “That’s right, I’ve worked my butt off and this is a fitting send off for me. Boom!”

Fast forward to Monday. My mum comes into my room early in the morning and I wake up to her staring at me… I’m thinking “OK now this feels super weird”. Then she said she hoped I had a nice day and she’ll see me in the evening. The irony is, my mum was trying to convince me not to go to the Crazy Bear as she thought the place was way too far. So again I questioned it for a minute, but then the thought left me as quick as it came.

I arrived at the Crazy Bear around midday, no make up, hair in a messy bun, totally ready for my 5* massage and spa treatment. I call my hubby as soon as I arrive and tell him I’ll give him a call after my pamper session. The lady at reception gives me a warm reception and leads me through the gorgeous bar and then towards the massage room. As we are walking she explains that the massage room is flooded so the session will be taking place in one of the residential rooms… that meant nothing to me, as long as I was getting my 5* treatment on!


As I step into the room I’m instantly blown away! The room is nothing like I’ve ever seen before, dark padded walls, a gold bath in the middle of the room, candle lights everywhere and gorgeous suede curtains that gives the room an extremely enchanting and romantic feel. During this split second I hear the door shut behind me and the lady was gone. Then my hubby walks out slowly from behind one of the curtains. I automatically know what time it was and a thousand thoughts come rushing through my mind. I couldn’t help but check out my hubby. He was wearing a navy blue turtleneck and brown boots with dark jeans, he was looking as sharp as ever!

My hubby goes down on one knee and says the most amazing things to me, opens a black shiny box with a sparkler and then he asks to marry me! Without a shadow of doubt, without any hesitation I say “Yes!”

 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Sunny Side of it . All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig